As the peak representative body for the almond industry the ABA addresses many issues that have the potential to impact adversely on your businesses or alternatively to grasp opportunities to make the industry more profitable.
The ABA’s whole of industry strategies address production issues and crop risks whilst building consumer demand in Australia and successfully developing the Australian almond brand overseas. These activities contribute to the profitability of all almond producers. In the last year, representations to the Victorian and South Australian governments secured funding commitments for them to invest in 8-10 new researchers and establish experimental orchards in the Riverland and Sunraysia, which will enhance product integrity, production knowledge and develop new varieties and technologies.
A strong membership base provides added force in representation of our industry to government and in the wider community.
ALMOND GROWERS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO BE ASSOCIATE MEMBERS
Associate Memberships are available to any non grower entities with an interest in the Australian almond industry, including but not limited to:
- Industry Associates (ie Retailers, Machinery, Chemical, Fertiliser, Nurseries & Transport etc);
- Researchers & Consultants
In addition to supporting the programs that benefit the industry in general as a member you will receive:
- Access to ABA staff for technical information
- Discounts/Refunds on study tour prices
- Access to R&D information including fact sheets, research results, reports, data and permits
- Ability to be nominated as a ABA Board Director (Grower & Marketer Members ONLY)
- Australian Nutgrower Journal Subscription
- Discount registration for conference and events
- Field day and industry event invitations
- In A Nutshell Quarterly E-Newsletter
- Industry relevant e-blast information
- Annual report
- Media releases
- Statistics reports