The Almond Board of Australia is seeking the support of every almond grower by you becoming a member of the ABA. As the peak representative body for the almond industry the ABA addresses many issues that have the potential to impact adversely on your businesses or alternatively to grasp opportunities to make the industry more profitable.
The ABA’s whole of industry strategies address production issues and crop risks whilst building consumer demand in Australia and successfully developing the Australian almond brand overseas. These activities contribute to the profitability of all almond producers. In the last year, representations to the Victorian and South Australian governments secured funding commitments for them to invest in 8-10 new researchers and establish experimental orchards in the Riverland and Sunraysia, which will enhance product integrity, production knowledge and develop new varieties and technologies.
Over 60% of producers are already members of the ABA and we greatly appreciate their support but we are encouraging all growers to join as everyone is benefiting from the work being done. A strong membership base provides added force in representation of our industry to government and in the wider community.
All memberships, except Supplementary, include a subscription to the ‘Australian Nutgrower’ quarterly publication.
In addition to supporting the programs that benefit the industry in general as a member you will receive:
- Access to ABA staff for technical information
- Discounts/Refunds on study tour prices
- Access to R&D information including fact sheets, research results, reports, data and permits
- Ability to be nominated as a ABA Board Director (Grower & Marketer Members ONLY)
- Australian Nutgrower Journal Subscription
- Discount registration for conference and events
- Field day and industry event invitations
- In A Nutshell Quarterly E-Newsletter
- Industry relevant e-blast information
- Annual report
- Media releases
- Statistics reports
How does it work?
- A Primary member should renew their entire organisation’s existing members at one time. After renewing, the organisation will then have the option to add new or edit Supplementary members and submit payment for their membership dues. The Primary member is responsible for ensuring renewal and payment for all of the members within its organsation.
- We recommend that Primary memberships operate at a Director level within a company, with the primary member responsible for a departmental budget. Organisations can only assign one individual as the Primary member for an entire organisation – it is your choice and we encourage you to consider cost and coordination in your decision.
Available to all Australian Almond Growers*
- Each legal entity is entitled to one membership and must appoint one person as their representative (In the case of a Registered Scheme**, a Responsible Entity (RE) is entitled to one membership for each Registered Scheme)
- Grower members may nominate staff or family members for Supplementary Membership
Grower memberships are divided into two categories based on area of almond plantings.
- Category A: Growers with equal to or less than 500 HA of plantings
- Category B: Growers with greater than 500 HA of plantings