As the peak representative body for the almond industry the ABA addresses many issues that have the potential to impact adversely on your businesses or alternatively to grasp opportunities to make the industry more profitable.
The ABA’s whole of industry strategies address production issues and crop risks whilst building consumer demand in Australia and successfully developing the Australian almond brand overseas. These activities contribute to the profitability of all almond producers. In the last year, representations to the Victorian and South Australian governments secured funding commitments for them to invest in 8-10 new researchers and establish experimental orchards in the Riverland and Sunraysia, which will enhance product integrity, production knowledge and develop new varieties and technologies.
A strong membership base provides added force in representation of our industry to government and in the wider community.
All memberships, except Supplementary, include a subscription to the ‘Australian Nutgrower’ quarterly publication.
You will receive:
- Discount registration for conference and events
- Field day and industry event invitations
- In A Nutshell Quarterly E-Newsletter
- Industry relevant e-blast information
- Annual report
- Media releases
- Statistics reports
How does it work?
- Supplementary membership is only available to those that have a current Primary member for their organisation (please list your Primary member in the cart under “ORDER NOTES”)
- Individuals may register for membership and attach themselves to an active organisation as a Supplementary member, notifying the ABA of the Primary member of that organisation.
- Supplementary members will generally be renewed by the Primary member from their organisation. When a Supplementary member belonging to an active organisation renews, he/she will remain as a Supplementary member of that organisation.